Dr Hayes consults on Wednesdays only.
Our Senior Consultant, Dr Mileham Hayes OAM, MB, BS (Q), FRCP (Edin), FRCP (Lon), is a Registered Specialist. By studying and practising in Brisbane, Sydney, London and Edinburgh he brings and extensive breadth of experience now denied the recent medical graduate. Dr Hayes was resident Medical Officer at Australia’s first Coronary Care Unit (Sydney Hospital), Medical and Skin Registrar at Greenslopes Hospital with further studies in skin as part of his specialist training in Edinburgh and London. He has undergone advanced skin surgical training as well as the International Master Class in dermoscopy. He is a member of the Australasian Skin Cancer College. As a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians of both London and Edinburgh his training encompasses a broad spectrum of medicine.
He is the author of two text books:
- ‘Skin Cancer, Melanoma and Mimics’ which has received fantastic reviews.
- Practical Skin Cancer Surgery published by Elsiver
As a medical student he played top class rugby, tennis and cricket as well as playing jazz. He had his own ABC Radio Program and his own national TV series where he was labelled ‘Dr Jazz’. He represented Australia at the first Commonwealth festival of Arts and has toured extensively overseas. His Gold Coast Jazz and Blues Festival won the Queensland Tourism Award in 1996.
He is married with 5 children.
Dr Steele consults every day and every second Saturday.
B.Sc (Hons) Queens University Canada, MB, BS (Qld), FRACGP.
Dr Steele has dedicated her career to skin cancer diagnosis and management since starting her GP fellowship training in 2012.
Dr Steele completed a Bachelor of Science (Biology) in 2005 at Queen’s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada before graduating from Medical School at University of Queensland in 2009. She was awarded her fellowship of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners in 2014. During her time in far north Queensland, she completed 12 months of extended-skills training in Skin Cancer Medicine and Management in 2013 and 2014.
Dr. Steele is dedicated to life-long learning, and has been awarded a number of diplomas and certifications, as well as participated in many educational workshops:
- Australasian Dermatology Diploma, Australian Institute of Dermatology (2011)
- Healthcert Skin Cancer Diagnosis and Treatment Program (2012)
- Certificate of Dermoscopy: Skin Cancer College of Australasia (2013)
- Certificate of Skin Cancer Medicine &Management: Skin Cancer College of Australasia (2014)
- Healthcert Advanced Skin Cancer Surgery Head and Neck Workshop (2015)
Dr. Steele is currently completing Masters of Medicine in Skin Cancer Medicine at University of Queensland.
In addition Dr Steele has a special interest in cosmetic medicine , and has attended training and workshops targeting the cosmetic and rejuvenation side of skin medicine.
Dr Steele is especially proud to have become an Australian Citizen in 2015, and though she very much appreciates the impact of the sun in this beautiful country, she is happy to call sunny Queensland home!
MBBS (Hons) MPH FRACGP.
Dr Templeman consults every day including Saturday mornings.
Dr Rupert Templeman is a Queensland trained Honours graduate experienced in all aspects of modern skin cancer diagnosis and treatment. A family experience of melanoma inspired a passion for the early detection and curative treatment of this disease. Rupert is enthusiastic about ongoing education and providing his patients with the latest evidence based treatment options. Rupert has worked as a full time skin cancer practitioner since 2014. Prior to that he worked as a clinician at the Queensland Institute of Dermatology and as a dermatology clinical trials researcher. Rupert also undertook two years of surgical training at the Princess Alexandra Hospital including specialist training in melanoma surgery. He is currently studying the Masters of Medicine (Skin Cancer) program at UQ. Rupert has served as a Medical Officer in the RAAF conducting several aero-medical evacuations and deploying on Operation Pakistan Assist II. He is married with four daughters and enjoys watersports and cooking.
Margo holds an MBA, AICD, is our Practice Manager and also a qualified Aesthetician. Margo runs the Skin Rejuvenation aspect of our clinic. This includes Dermapen, Pelleve, Photodynamic Therapy, anti wrinkle injections, fillers and medical grade skin care products.
Winia, Kira, Mercedes, Steven,Maria & Kayla.
All of our front desk reception staff are there to help you.
- Our senior staff member Winia (Certificate IV Medical Assistant) has been with us for nine years and has had many years experience working in medical practices and assisting doctors in surgery.
- Kira has been with us for six years now and obtained her qualification in Medical Reception.
- Maria is a senior and very experienced receptionist.
- Steven, Mercedes & Kayla both all work part time while studying at University. Mercedes is doing a communications degree and assists with our social media pages. Steven is studying IT and we look forward to him being able to use his skills to assist us as well.