Skin Cancer & Melanoma Clinic
Protect yourself from the damages of skin cancer with MoleChex. This state-of-the-art skin cancer detection system is available from medical doctors who have undergone advanced training is skin cancer detection, treatments and surgery. Our clinics are conveniently located in two locations in Brisbane QLD.
- Buranda 250 Ipswich Rd. Buranda: Ph: 38913044
- Coorparoo:262 Old Cleveland Rd. Cooparoo 33971999
Australia has the greatest epidemic of skin cancer in the world and Queensland has twice that of the other states. And it is increasing. It only takes some 5 minutes of sun to damage your skin and start the changes that both age you and cause cancer. Most people, however, now understand, want and need their skin checked. Early detection can result in a 100% cure and Australia leads the world in doing so.
MoleChex was started after comparing and then selecting the best equipment and services from around the world. As such we can offer a unique range of services that makes our clinic one of the most advanced there is including:
- No referral needed.
- Short-term Monitoring.
- High Definition Dermoscopy.
- Dedicated Assistants who are there to help your examination and with any procedures and operations.
- Most non-surgical treatments and tests are bulk billed
- Dedicated Operating Theatres and Treatment Rooms. No ‘hospital’ infections
- Fastidious standards and attention to hygiene
- Validated guaranteed sterilisation of all surgical instruments
- Advanced cosmetic surgical techniques
- Mohs total clearance pathology reports for dangerous areas
- No operation is done without pathology reports to confirm diagnosis
- All patients get before and after pathology reports for operations
- Cosmetic mole removal – no stitches
- All new patients get a welcome kit with information sheets, handouts as well as skin care advice.
- Recall notices are programmed according to your need.
- Sun-creams and the best skin-care products.
Regular up-skilling via International Master-classes and workshops by our doctors ensure the highest medical standards and latest advances. Laboratory pathology ensures that no unnecessary operations are done.
An initial consultation involves a head to toe examination. All suspicious lesions are biopsied taking a small-anaesthetized core sample, much like the lead out of a pencil. We pride ourselves on our ‘painless’ techniques providing significantly less painful local anesthetic than is usual and using the world’s smallest needles.
Biopsies are sent to independent laboratories who are acknowledged world leaders. You are then given these results.
Only the best equipment is used to ensure the best results. The Professor of Microsurgery actually kindly donated some of our equipment on his retirement. Other, most elegant equipment to maximize results, we have specially had to import from the USA.
A ‘Boast Book’ is available on request as to the quality of our operations to reassure you should you need an operation.
Tips to help you with your first consultation:
- Please don’t wear heavy makeup if you wish to have your face examined
- If your work outdoors then please shower before your consultation as it is impossible to view suspicious lesions that are covered in grease, dirt or mud
- arrive a few minutes early to complete the paperwork
- bring you medicare card and any concession cards
Phone now and book your skin review.